Spectrum Medical respects the privacy of its customers and users of this site. This Privacy Statement is designed to help you understand what information we gather and what we do with that information.
What information does Spectrum Medical collect?
The type of information Spectrum Medical gathers falls into two general categories:
- Non-Personal Data gathered as visitors navigate through certain parts of the site.
- Personal information provided when registering to access select online resources, or utilizing the ‘Contact Us’ facility.
To help us tailor our site to the needs and interests of our visitors, we keep track of certain pages that users visit. We aggregate this data with data on the pages visited by other users to track overall visitor traffic patterns. We use this information to improve our site to make it more responsive to the needs of our users.
Our Web server automatically collects your IP address when you request pages from our server. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers connected to the Internet to identify your computer so the data, such as the Web pages you request, can be sent to you. This information does not identify you personally.
In some places on this web site you have the opportunity to send us personal information about yourself. Spectrum Medical will not collect any personal data about you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address), unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it (e.g. by registration, survey, email), or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations for the protection of your personal data.
Purpose of Use
We may keep and use personal information we collect from you through this web site to provide you with access to this web site. In addition, we may keep and use your personal information:
- to respond to your requests.
- to personalize your access to our web site, for example, by telling you about new features that may be of interest to you.
- to develop records, including records of your personal information.
- to contact you with information that might be of interest to you, including information about our products and services.
- for analytical purposes and to research, develop, and improve programs, products, services and content.
- to remove your personal identifiers (your name, e-mail address, etc). In this case, you would no longer be identified as a single unique individual. Once we have de-identified information, it is non-personal information and we may treat it like other non-personal information.
- to enforce this Privacy Statement and other rules about your use of this web site.
- to protect our rights or property.
- to protect some one's health, safety or welfare.
- to comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process.
We do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to third parties.
"Cookies": Information Stored Automatically on Your Computer
When you view our Web site, we may store some data on your computer in the form of a "cookie" to automatically recognize your PC next time you visit. Cookies can help us in many ways, for example, by allowing us to tailor a Web site to better match your interests or to store your password to save you having to re-enter it each time. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer's hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
Spectrum Medical will not knowingly collect personal data from children without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law. We will only use or disclose personal data about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent pursuant to local law and regulations or to protect a child. The definition of "child" or "children" should take into account applicable laws as well as national and regional cultural customs.
What about web site security?
Security is very important to us. We also understand that security is important to you. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail
What about the information collected by other Web sites that this Web site links to?
If you choose to leave this web site via links to other non-Spectrum Medical sites, Spectrum Medical is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of those sites, nor is Spectrum Medical responsible for the cookies those sites might deposit on your hard drive.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions or comments about the Spectrum Medical Data Privacy Protection Policy please click on "Contact Us" and send us your questions and feedback. We will post changes to our Data Privacy Protection Policy on this page. Please check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.